Friday, February 26, 2010

We are Brothers on a Journey

You know that song: Brother let me be your servant, Let me be as Christ to you...Well, I wish I had a good enough camera to have taken this picture the other day. We finally had a few days in the 50's and 60's and with NO RAIN! So, I very happily sent the boys outside to enjoy the dirt and sun. I periodically look out to make sure they're safe and not too far away and not knee deep in the marsh. My backyard is half protected marsh. When it's dry, you can walk out on it and step over hard grass patches and fiddler crabs..Hence the name of our property, Fiddler Island.

So, I look out and see the boys exploring the marsh with sticks in hand. Then I see James lay down on his belly and raise his hand up to Ryan. I guess he needed Ryan's help to get up. Then he got up all smiley and then Ryan decided to lay down and ask for help. Once James helped him up, I thought, Oh, cute! They're helping each other. But instead of running off together, Ryan decided to lay down again. I could tell James was thinking that this was gonna get old, but sometimes our friends and family just always seem to be falling down. And sometimes we just have to stick it out with them. :)

No comments: