Monday, March 1, 2010

The Family Bed

I've always made sure that our kids learn to sleep in their own cribs and beds. Yes, it is endearing at times to have a little child snuggle up to you in your bed, but not every night. No, it doesn't happen every night at our house, but I'd say 50% of the nights, it does. James is the biggest culprit and Ryan is figuring it out too. Who has the willpower at 3 in the morning to take your child back to bed? Not me or Alex.

So, I woke up to an unfamiliar noise early this morning and looked over to see a little red-headed child sleeping next to my husband. Great, I thought. This means my morning will start a bit earlier than I'd like. Sure enough, but not due to that child. Little Olivia decided to wake up at 530 and not go back to sleep. So, my day did start a bit early.

When I asked Ryan what happened, he said with a big smile:
"I woked up! I opened the door!"

No comments: