Friday, February 19, 2010

Valentine's Day

This day is always touchy with me. I do love the excuse to go out to dinner, or have a party or get dressed up or buy some presents, but the reality is, it's just another day. Expectations are super hard now because I still want a special surprise from my spouse that makes me just swoon like I did when we were dating. Funny how things change when you're not trying as hard to win someone over. Do I want to go back to the time of dating? Absolutely not.


And this is why: I have a loving husband who loves to spontaneously whip out a beautiful cake in honor of his wife.
I have 3 wonderful children who find ways to make me smile, laugh and cry all within 30 minutes.
But especially, I appreciate the reminder to take some mental time and prepare a special something for my husband and kids.

No comments: