Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wishing he was still sick..

Isn't that sad? To wish your kids were sick? Well, normally I don't stay in the house all day because the kids start to go crazy and then I go crazy. Housework doesn't get done, toys don't get put away, but I usually do get my morning cup of coffee.

Charleston has been having an incredibly wet season. I think it's at a record high for the amount of rainfall. AND to top it off, it's been super cold - like the 20's - so playing outside is not in the question. It would be bearable if there was snow on the ground, but that will happen when pigs fly.

So my mother in law offered to take James this morning so I could manage the sick one and the baby. Well, Ryan is feeling good enough to get into everything! I can't take them out because it's cold and rainy and I have to wait around all day for the 2 maintenance guys to show up. So, it's 11 o'clock and Ryan's A.D.D. has kicked in and he's going crazy. Currently, he's looking for some pants with pockets so he can put a key in the pocket. He's knocked over my cup of coffee, by accident, but nonetheless, it was a full cup. We've played Mexican Train Dominos, colored, play-doh, colored, watched TV and now I'm tired! Ryan doesn't do as well with projects. He needs the attention of someone else. He just had to pick up all the baby toys that he just randomly dumped on the floor and is looking for a belt for his pants. When is nap time again?

He has also become a good talker so this is what my days are like:
Ryan: "Mommy?"
Me: Yes, Ryan
Mommy?
Yes, Ryan
Mommy, I want to pick a game.
Okay, which one
I don't know. I want to pick a game.
Okay, which one.
I don't know. Come on mommy!
I want that one.
No, that one is too messy.
Yes!


Mommy, I want to color
Okay, remember to the put the tops on the marker
Okay
Mommy, help!
Okay, do you need help cutting that?
NO! I do it!

Mommy, what's that?! (he heard ashley bark)
It's Ashley
Oh, it's Ashley. okay


Mommy, what it is? - pointing to some random object

All this without taking a breath....Are you tired yet? I am.