Monday, December 28, 2009

Is it insanity?

When I had just one little body to watch over, I was a lot more patient. I was able to handle messes because I could watch and control them. Then came #2 and things just got exponentially messier. More messes and the messes were much, much bigger. So, why should it surprise me that when we put a gingerbread house together that the boys would stick their fingers in the icing and lick all the candy before they put it on the house. I mean, would we really have people over who would expect a perfect and non-child put together Gingerbread house? So, one definition of insanity is "unreasonableness". And Yes, I would say it was insane of me to expect 2 little boys to not get messy, not stick their fingers in the icing and not try to eat all the candy. Maybe it's because I was hoping to have one project completed with minimal interruption. I might have to wait a few years for that one :)

Maybe next year I'll do better..



No comments: