Monday, December 21, 2009

And the Stockings were Hung..


I personally think it would be a lot more fun to hang real stockings i.e. panty hose from the mantle, but I don't think that tradition will take place any time soon. My mom made stockings for me and my siblings many many years ago. I still have mine and love it. It's the perfect size for stuffing lots of goodies in and holds up well too. She has continued this tradition and has made a stocking for all her grandchildren - although I think little Josiah is still awaiting his :O. No pressure mom :) Anyways, ours are hung with care or just push pins in the mantle so the kids can't yank anything on top of their heads and are empty and ready to be filled Christmas Eve.



Stockings might be my favorite part of Christmas. Oh Yes, I definately enjoy me some presents, but a stocking bursting at the seams has its own rewards. I will say that now I know what it's like to be a mom and have the stocking that's the least filled. I always felt bad that my mom's stocking just wasn't as full as ours. I always hoped that there would be a little box from my dad that would make up for it all.


Anyways, there's some tradition to what goes into stockings. Some of these items include socks, toothebrushes, candy, underwear, chocolate and a pair of holiday boxers.

In order of appearance starting with the closest to you, Mine, Ryan, Olivia, James and Alex.
A side note on Alex's: Alex might have given my mom a hard time about making his stocking purple, so she laboriously made him a new cowboy one. However, it was not as big and therefore couldn't hold as much that the purple one made its way to the mantle this year. So thank you mom for all your hard work!!

No comments: