Thursday, December 17, 2009

Is it Christmas time already?!



Yes, it is. I knew, not by the christmas music station that started around Halloween or the holiday lights that started showing up in mid-November, but when we pulled out our wonderful tree and plugged it in! Growing up, we always had live trees. One year, we bought a tree that we re-planted in our yard. It finally got too big that my brother finally cut it down. Anyways, we invested in a sizable artificial christmas tree last year. The reasons being the cost, the mess and the short amount of time that they can be put up. We've been very happy. So this year, Alex opened up the bag, took the tree out, attached the 3 parts then plugged it in! All in 7 minutes. It even has lights.
tt
This year, the decorating is sort of a hodge-podge of new and old, semi-breakable ornaments. I still have my ornament box that I've had since I was a little girl, minus the few that the kids broke last year. Call me sentimental, but I made Alex put those special church-made ornaments higher up so they can't get them. I guess I won't share EVERYTHING with my kids :) There's also a few mom-made ornaments that I treasure dearly that are illuminating my tree.
I have a goal to buy the boys ornaments, but I'm always thrown off by the cost of them. So, I think I'll buy a bunch after Christmas and save till next year.
Anyways, it's Christmas-time, only a week and a few days away and my shopping is 95% complete!! What would we do without the Internet???
P.S. Alex has been searching high and low for a train set to go around the tree. He finally found it this year and it's been a great treat for the boys. There's even a few presents under the tree already (Thanks Mom!)

No comments: