Saturday, July 18, 2009

And the cuteness fades away...







Isn't there a verse in the bible about all things turning to dust?? I remember one time being at the Heisig's house and one of the children broke a plate or something. And Mrs. Heisig very quietly and sincerely made a comment about this will all be gone when the Lord comes back. I think about that often. Mostly when I'm not being quiet and gracious to my children when they break or mess up something. Well, we had another opportunity to practice. James found a blue sharpie outside yesterday and wrote around the whole outside room that's outside the master bedroom. He didn't just pick one spot and do some artwork, but went around the whole thing!! Daddy was not happy, not even remotely. You can imagine why not...seeing as he built this house and knows the labor it will take to remove it and fix it. But, I got to the 'gracious' one who disciplined James and explained to him the problem. I don't think a 3 year old gets the time and effort it will take to fix this...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It takes me back. Grace, blue crayon, Japanese panelled bedroom, several hundred dollars fee for repanelling the room.... Grace, black Sharpie, my upright freezer. Grace, pen, bedroom closet. John, knife, arm of futon couch. Justus, dry-erase, living room wall. Glad you kept your cool. I never kept mine.