Thursday, April 3, 2008

Stroller Striders

Yes, I went to a stroller striders yesterday with my friend Hillary. It's a bunch of women with jogger strollers who stroll around the neighborhood running, doing arm exercises, walking, etc. It's actually pretty challenging. There were arout 6 women who came, including the instructor. All had jogger strollers except me. I have a front/back double stroller. Massive and not good for running. However, it did survive. So, image driving into your neighborhood and seeing a circle of strollers with ladies walking around in a circle with their resistance bands. Yes, that is the kind of looks we got from drivers by, mostly men. They must've been thinking " I"m glad my wife doesn't do that". All in all, it was a lot of fun and I think I'll join. And as Hillary's husband calls it "Rubberbands in the Park", I enjoyed the social aspect of it also.

No comments: