Thursday, April 3, 2008

My Ryan!


I know that 2nd children, don't get as many pictures. That's true. And most of the things they do, don't get as much recognition as the first. So, I thought I'd devote a Blog especially for Ryan. Ryan was born 1 week early by being induced. It was a long day and I think the next time I'm gonna wait to see how far I will go. He never got the hang of breast feeding and he screamed the first 7 months of life. But because he was growing, eating and didn't spit up a lot, nothing was diagnosed by the doctor. He slept in our bed the first month of life and finally I gave in to letting him sleep on his belly. That helped but he couldn't sleep consistently through the night. I tried different bottles and formula to help, but nothing made a lasting impression except for the Playtex drop-in bottles and Similac Organic formula.


Ryan started talking to me around 1 month. I know it sounds early, but Ryan has always been very active and personable. He still yearns for my attention and is constantly moving or chasing someone or something.


Ryan started to roll over around 6 months, crawl around 7 and now at 9 months he is pulling himself up and can walk around the couch. He tries to run and fall on items which is a lot of fun to watch. He can stand on his own for 5 seconds or so and seems to really enjoy that. I'm betting his first steps will be within the next month.


And Finally!! His first little tooth is coming in. Yea!! We've been waiting for a while for that to happen.


So, as different as my two boys are, both bring joy, happiness and frustration to us. Ryan's increasing sense of determination and adventure are a pure blessing.

No comments: