Monday, April 21, 2008

Just Testing...

I just wanted to see if I could upload videos to my post. I'm trying to take some videos of the boys since it's so easy to do. Anyways, Alex and I were able to go away for a night and a day this past weekend. I had a babysitter come on Fri afternoon so I could go to the grocery store and get a pedicure. While I was sitting in the pedi chair, I started talking to this nice lady besides me. She's from Houston, here to visit her good friend whose daughter was getting married. We talked about the book I was reading and some other books. Turns out, she does reflexology for her friends and family. I guess I qualified as a "friend" because she gave me a hand rub using some reflexology techniques. So, all I had to do was sit back while my feet got rubbed as well as my hands and I only had to pay for the foot part. I was sad when she left because she reminded me of my mom and my mom is so far away. But, it was a very nice treat anyways.

Friday night, we got in the car and drove down South to Beaufort and stayed at the Holiday Inn. We putzed around in the morning trying to find some place to sit down and eat. There was one place we finally found. Beaufort has many islands all around it and it is a beautful place. One of my favorite books is Beach Music by Pat Conroy, and he bases his books around there. Like Parris island and I think he grew up on Beaufort. We stumbled on the soft shelled crab festival so I just had to have a soft shelled BLT. Yum!! Alex doesn't care for them so I got to eat it all! Well mostly..He took one bite which ate the whole crab, practically. So, I got the legs..

Crab season is right around the corner so I'm hoping for some crab picking for my birthday. I think that's about it for now. The boys both fell asleep on the way home from my Stroller Strider class and are still asleep. The amazing thing is that it was 11:30 am when they fell asleep and James doesn't take a nap till 2 or so. So the quiet house is nice.

No comments: