Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Thank You , Erin.

When Chris and Erin were here, Chris made a comment about Erin. He said something about keeping the house tidy but followed it up saying "I know Erin wakes up every morning thinking how happy she is to spend the day with her kids, being a mommy".

What a great thing for a husband to say. A husband who knows that his wife is content staying home with the kids. I can say, that this attitude has been a constant struggle for me. Going from having many satisfying jobs to staying at home, has been a struggle. Let me tell you that leaving my kids full time so I could go to work, is not an option, but staying at home full time has its toll. Anyways, to the point at hand. Alex did ask me if I thought like Erin. I took a bit offense because of course I love my children. But that's not the point is it? The point is where my heart and attitude and mind are each morning. So, I've been trying to make some changes in my heart and do a lot more praying for peace. Peace during disciplining. Peace during yelling. And even peace when Alex comes home and the boys go crazy. No picture here, just the mental image of a mom trying to re-align her thoughts.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Tiffani what a great blog. I am sure many mom's feel the same way as you. Being a mom can be hard, but I LOVE IT and pray you find some peace.

I have been meaning to get in contact with you cause I have not seen you at church in a while. Is everything ok?

erin w. said...

thanks tiff, we had a great time see you all. make sure you let us know if you come up this way! i hope to post pictures of our fun time there soon! i need alex's margarita recipe.