Tuesday, August 18, 2009

James Playing Jacks

So, we bribe our kids. Especially James. James will work towards a goal. James has been in the potty training stage for a while. So, we told him if he went poop on the potty he'll get a present. But like his daddy, he has to see the presents to see if it's worth it. So one day James managed to make a little poop and he got to pick a present from the Spiderman Bag. He chose Jacks. So, I showed him how to do it and this is his rendition of playing the game.

A few days later, I heard the toilet flush upstairs. So, James came down and told me he went poop on the potty and needed his present. So, I went upstairs but couldn't find what he had accomplished. But I couldn't prove otherwise, so he got another present, a matchbox car. But I told him, that he had to show me the poop and not just flush it.

So here comes James again, telling me he pooped and was ready to show me. Sure enough, there was some in the potty but it just didn't look right. Sure enough, James had gone in his diaper and then dumped it in the potty. He didn't get a present that time.

But Alex showed him this really cool present if he went on the potty. So, James carried the present around for two days and he finally went on the potty yesterday. And yes, he went straight towards the present. And yes, he opened it and it is know as the "poop present".

2 comments:

Hillary Gardner said...

Haha, I love it. Next time we're over we're playing jacks, NOT hand and foot. I'll whoop up on all y'all's butts.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. He's got the part about grab a jack...