Thursday, October 30, 2008

The beginning of the Season


It sort of stinks that the beginning of this festive season of giving thanks has to start with Halloween. I don't particularly enjoy Halloween and have a hard time getting into it. Maybe it's because we weren't allowed to celebrate it as kids, I'm not sure. But I do get little costumes for the boys and usually give them some candy. There's a big fair that comes to Charleston every year and we usually go there around Halloween. I think this year we will go on Halloween, since it's Friday. Anyways, my festive season begins by making pumpkin bread. Alex's Granny Holdgate used to make pumpkin bread. But the boys, Alex and Nick, love it so much that at my bridal shower, I was given the recipe. Now, there's nothing special about this recipe, but a loaf usually lasts about 30 minutes. I made some for my sister-in-law, Althea, for her birthday one year and it went over really well.


I did make the first batch today because I did have some canned pumpkin readily available. This season I hope to make sticky buns and lots of holiday cookies. So, we'll see if it really happens :)

No comments: