Friday, November 23, 2007

It's Great to be 2!!




Oh yes, when opening presents is fun and yet you're not quite sure why you're getting presents... James turned 2 today and made out like a bandit. He received a Radio Flyer Scooter which his little legs have a hard time pushing. But give him time and he'll get the hang of it. He receive a bunch of matchbox cars, tractors, Rescue Heroes and more cars. In case you couldn't tell, he loves cars and tractors. I made him a Firetruck cake which he enjoyed but didn't show quite enough appreciation for the 3-4 hours I spent putting it together. I'll remind him of that one day. I'll say "It took longer to make that cake than it did to deliver you". Maybe that's too much information for him. But anyways, it turned out pretty well. Except for the black icing. Apparently the black icing tastes a bit lit licorice and it turns your teeth and mouth black. Other than that, it was great, but nobody wanted to eat the tires anymore.


So, while James sat on Alex's lap opening present after present, he officially turned 2. So, I begin to think of the past 2 years. So much has happened and coming up on our 3 year anniversary (the 27th) we have made many life adjustments. So, here's a few:


1. I moved from my hometown of 25 years to Charleston

2. I had several jobs while living in Charleston

3. I moved once and am preparing to move again

4. Been through 2 pregnancies and births

5. Have been through the death of a family member

6. Have lived in 3 houses

7. Have travelled to Barbados, Bahamas, and Okinawa


And that's just the easy stuff. Needless to say, I am turning 30 in April and have been through and done a lot. I love my husband so much more now than I did when we got married. I love 2 little boys more than I ever thought possible. I see my more and more of my faults but I also see God's grace and mercy day after day. So, on that note, I'll end this blog. Enjoy the pics!!

2 comments:

youthguy72 said...

Happy Birthday to the little guy. Sorry we missed it - I need a better calendar... Working on that.

The Gardner Family said...

so sad we missed the big day. I would have eaten the tires...