Friday, November 16, 2007

Holdgate Island



Well, that's the name until we come up with something better. Alex and I just signed a contract for a 2 acre property with house in Charleston. It is a mini-island because it is surrounded by water and a little creek. We're surrounded by hard marsh and beyond that is the Stono River. "I didn't know you were looking to move" you might be thinking. Well, neither did I. Alex and I both agree that in the future we'd like a house with some land for the kids to play. We weren't actively looking but checked out areas every now and then if we saw something. Well, Alex saw a sign this week saying "Island for Sale". and checked it out. Later that day I got a call saying "Get the boys ready" to which I responded "Uh-oh". He then said "You're gonna love it". I do. We get to drive over a little wooden bride and it feels like you're in Gone with the Wind. Although, it's not a plantation or a mansion.


The story is, the builder got into too many projects and wants out of this deal. It's 3 lots and a house is built on one of them. We can build 2 more if we wanted, but that would take away the view and land. The house is 80% complete, so we get to pick our own colors, cabinets, fixtures, etc. We're very excited and are looking forward to design this house to our liking. So, I took some pictures today that I hope show the nice points of this house.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

May I bring my own Rhett Butler when I come to visit? He's a hunk!

Anonymous said...

I vote for Mosquito Island, or maybe The Swamps. Seriously, though, it looks great and I'm sure you'll be very happy once you get a couple of boats and a few more dogs and cats -- you can't populate 2 acres with 4 people and 3, is it?, pets.