Thursday, November 29, 2007

Frustrated Mom, Medically Healthy Child

So, Ryan has been showing us a different side again. Over the past 4 days and nights, he hasn't been eating or sleeping as much. Instead of sleeping from 6-5:30 am, he decides to wake up every four hours cooing and laughing and not going back to sleep. During the day, he won't sleep more than 1 hour. He's eating only half of what he was. But, he smiles, plays and is a joy to be around. He has really red eyes and yawns a lot, so I'm in a dilemma. Seeing as my body has finally adjusted to 6 consecutive hours of sleep, waking up every 3 or so isn't sitting so well. Plus, my sinus are still not fixed so I'm not feeling physically 100%. Anyways, I finally called the pediatrician and explained it all: He's not eating or sleeping much but he doesn't have a fever, rash and isn't fussy. So, they still wanted him to come in. So, I got there a few minutes early and within 30 minutes I got called back. Then another 30 minutes went by in the room before a doctor shows up to say " Well, he's medically perfectly happy". So, home I went on the verge of tears thinking, "I'll never sleep again".

Well, last night he went to bed around 8 or so and didn't make a peep all night. In fact, I got concerned that something was wrong because he wasn't making any noise so I did get up in the wee hours of the morning to check on him. He didn't wake up till 6 and my wonderful husband fed him and put him back to back. It's almost 9 am and I'm not hearing him. So, maybe we're back on schedule.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Glad to hear that Ryan and you had a good night's sleep. Hope it continues. Love you