Tuesday, March 23, 2010

BP Gas Card

I tried something new this week. Even I am continuing to break down mental barriers that I've been holding onto. Sometimes it's hard to pay for something right now when you won't use it till the future. For example, gas cards. Why pay $50 for a gas card at the grocery store when you won't use it till the next time you get gas. And then, you have to go to a particular gas station. Well, publix had a deal this week that when you bought $25 worth of groceries, you could also buy a $50 gas card to BP for $40. That's 20% off a tank of gas for me!! It makes sense but was hard to do because it was money spent now for something later.

But when I handed my husband the card and said (with a slight smile) : "Here's a $50 gas card that I paid $40 for..." I felt so great!!

He looked at me skeptically but then again, he knows how these things go these days....