Friday, March 5, 2010

The Re-Issue Department

This past Tuesday, while we were at Chick-fil-A, I got a call from my mom. She said that my dad was in Atlanta for business, his flight home got cancelled due to bad weather, he lost his phone and was headed out to see one of his kids. We assumed it was me, because I live the closest to Atlanta. But having no way of contacting him, we just had to wait. It was a bit nerve-wrecking knowing how hard it was to find our house in the daylight, let alone nighttime, AND he didn't have a cell phone.

So at 11pm, we went to bed assuming my dad's plans had changed. At 1:30, Ryan woke up so I went up to help him. As I was walking back down the stairs, I see my father walking up our porch steps.

Turns out, he'd been driving around Charleston for the past 2 hours. Nobody has pay phones any more and nobody knows where Fiddler Island is. Even the gas attendant down the road, who has been here 20 years, didn't know where it was.

The point is, that we've been enjoying this time very much. But today, we had to work on his return flight. I spent 45 minutes talking to Budget and Delta, trying to figure out the best option for this man. He intended to drive to Atlanta early Sunday and fly home. But after 3 calls to the Delta re-issue department and 3 calls to Budget, we were able to work it out so he can fly home from Charleston. Well, I was able to work it out. Dad's out working with Alex.

But I wanted to say how happy I was with the 3 different people I talked to at the re-issue department. They were all helpful and even managed to put a small credit back on my dad's card for the flight. Not how that happened, but I wasn't gonna complain.

2 comments:

youthguy72 said...

Well done! When are you moving to Texas so you can become his full-time personal assistant?

Tiff said...

Yea, no kidding. I'm so tired from all that! And it was right when I was trying to get those kids to bed.