Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Halloween Time



Yes, it's the 31st and Halloween. We live in a Jewish neighborhood so we don't get too many trick or treaters. Half the candy we buy is not kosher so..... Also, I really don't like giving out candy. I don't mind buying the candy, but I feel awkward when different characters stop by my house and ask for candy. If they all came in for a party, it would be completely different, but they don't. They just knock, say trick or treat, stuff their bags and leave. This Halloween, we dressed up James in a Monkey costume, found at Target, and headed over to our neighbors house who let us in. Their 2 adolescent girls love James, so them, with all their friends hoisted James up the stairs to play with him. When we were leaving 2 girls walked in, one in a "school girl" outfit and the other in a Superwoman outfit, that was much lower cut than the real Superwoman would wear. If the real Superwoman wore it, she would fall out of while while spinning. Anyways....here I am writing while Alex is telling all the girls at the door to "take what you want". We always buy too much candy and never eat it. James now likes the Smarties, so those will be gone soon.


We went to the Carolina Coastal fair last night with our friends, James and Hillary. We ate fair food and watched the rednecks. Quite fun. James did well. Was quite mesmerized by all the lights. We pet the bunnies and fed the goats, of which one nibbled James' hand. Alex threw a dart and popped some balloons, so I got a yellow teddy bear. It was a beautiful night and fun to walk around. I must say that the appeal of carnival rides are lost on me. Maybe it's my sense of adventure that has diminished after having 2 kids. The thought of "What would happen to the boys if something happened to me" lingers in my mind when it comes to "dangerous" things.


Anyways, I'm off to enjoy the evening with Alex since both boys are in bed. Maybe we can watch a TV show between the trick or treaters.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kosher candy....never really thought about that one. I have to go out and get some very non-kosher (I'm sure) JOseph Schmidt Chocolates. It's because John left today. I'm lonely....well, not really, but I need an excuse.
Keep chronicling; I love to hear what's going on.
Jay

Tiff said...

Yes, I have been told that any candy bag that has a "u" within a circle on it is kosher. Just FYI.