Thursday, October 25, 2007

Alex's Birthday Bash


And it was a bash alright. We had a lovely dinner and a great cake and somehow I managed to get it all done. The day started off well with Alex staying home for breakfast, which he cooked. Then early afternoon, my poor little son, Ryan, still constipated, started a fit. No doubt because his poor little bottom hurt so bad. So, Grandma Betsy took James with her so I could take Ryan to the doctor.




The plan was to start my pork at 4:30 and I was sure I wouldn't be back in time to start dinner. But I figured we could always do Chinese delivery. Well, amazingly, I got back in time to do the pork. And our friend, James Gardner came over a bit early to help with the cooking, so it turned out real well. We had pork loin, dumplings, gravy (a James Gardner specialty), asparagus w/ hollandaise sauce and Caesar salad. Ryan stayed asleep for all of the cooking, which was really nice.




Then once the family got here, Ryan woke up screaming because he hurt so bad. That continued on and off for about 2.5 hours. He didn't want to eat too much nor did he want to have anyone else but me hold him. I did manage to eat my food and watch Alex open his presents. But during this, James has a stinky diaper too, which gave him a sore bottom, so he started screaming. So, with 2 kids screaming, the cake was good and presents were excellent, Alex successfully turned 31.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Alex, a belated Happy Birthday! And, Tiff, good show.