Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Dr. Mom


Being a 2nd time mom, you'd think I'd know some special tricks for health issues. But I don't. James never had any medical issues that I only visited the doctor for his vaccination shots. However, Ryan has had many more dr visits. Nothing major, but worrysome things like jaundice, red belly button and most recently constipation. Starting yesterday Ryan would try to go to the bathroom and end up screaming with tears. Today, it got bad enough that I took him in the doctor and was told, "Yep, it's constipation". However, poor little Ryan was straining so hard he looked worse than I did when I was in labor. The good news is, he is taking some corn syrup to loosen things up and should be much better. He is also extremely tired, I'm assuming from all the pushing. He also gets a red belly button from pushing too hard, as I found out from the doctor.


Anyways, I don't visit the doctors / emergency room anyway close to my sister, Jamey. She seems to end up there every other week with one of the kids. I have yet to have an all-nighter with a sick child.


I also never get the flu shot. I figure, if everyone else does, I'm safe. I did post a picture of Ryan when he is feeling good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just for perspective purposes, our first ER visit for kids was when we had 3 of them. Granted, some years seem to be busier in this regard than others (like this one, for instance: the count is 4 out of 6 kids, though we could have gone for Grace's ear infection)

Jay