Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Bad Recipes, New Furniture



Well, after spending a long time on a new pot roast recipe, I was greatly disappointed with the outcome. The meat was okay, though a little dry. The vegetables, horrible. I know it's bad when Alex won't eat it. I also tried a new recipe for a cannoli cake which turned out okay despite me mixing up the directions. But I have found some incredible recipes, all from Cooks Country, that have gone in my personal recipe file. These include meatloaf, macaroni skillet and hamburgers. So, if you're looking for a great recipe / cooking magazine, I give 2 thumbs up to Cooks Country.


On another note, Alex and I have been looking for a little bench to go in our foyer. We were hoping for one with storage underneath. Both Alex and I have problems keeping counter / tabletop space neat. So, baskets work for us. We just found one at a decent price at World Market and purchased it on Saturday. Yesterday, James decided to bang a big paintbrush on it while Ryan was being fed. After numerous attempts at "james, stop it" he finally stopped. I didn't notice till later, the little white dings in the wood. So, I guess it gives it personality and we can't return it. But that's kids, right? Buying something new and then having something major happen. Sometimes when we try to hard, things don't always work out. However, it's only a piece of furniture and now, one with character.

2 comments:

youthguy72 said...

Great attitude - I have a 1-year-old truck with: dings God decided he would put at my door by hurling a rocking chair into it late one night, key scratches in 2 places someone at my office building decided to give me, and tailgate scratches because Bryan moved junk to the dump while angry... But it's just a truck, right?

Tiff said...

I don't understand the rocking chair part and how it hit your car. But at least no one backed down your driveway into it. But I also realize that those 'dings' make it extra special and unique.