Monday, February 18, 2008

Wishin' he would talk....

Well, my almost 27 month old still won't use words. He communicates though and his comprehension is great. He can follow directions and makes sounds for things like helicopters, elephants, etc. Apparently, I didn't talk till 2 1/2 so maybe it's genetic. Anyways, Alex and I were headed out to the College of Charleston's basketball game on Thursday night, and it was nothing out of the ordinary. Rachel the babysitter arrived and when we left, James was standing at the door looking out. We get about 2-3 miles down the road when Rachel calls. "James went out the front door and I can't find him". So, I told her he might have gone over to my in-law's house since he knows the way. So, she runs outside and sees Bobby, my 12 year old brother-in-law who looks at Rachel funny because she's holding Ryan and he doesn't recognize her. He says "yeah, i've seen James. He's in our house" Well, we were at their house, but we weren't anymore. Kevin and Betsy were gone so Bobby was there with the sitter. anyways, some guy in a car drives by and asks if she's looking for a little boy who was up the street and some neighbor lady was sitting with him. So....James can open the front door, walk down the stairs and up the street. Needless to say, my stomach was nauseous all night even though he was fine. But now all the doors are locked to keep him in. We're not sure which neighbor lady had him, but thank goodness she did. So, I wonder what was in his head. Did he see us leave that way and went looking for us? There's a bulldozer down the street, did he go looking for that? I'm not sure, but I wish I knew...

3 comments:

youthguy72 said...

"Nauseated", not "nauseous"...

Unknown said...

ltercast.netGlad to hear he is fine. Seems God watches out for us even when others don't know we are lost! What a great God He is!!!

Anonymous said...

Man, I miss your blog for a couple of days and you go on a binge! I love the freaky kid stories, unless they are about my kids. Glad James was safe.