Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Still here

Yes, I'm still here. It's been quite eventful since the leaving the house episode with James. That night, I was a little nauseated (which we attribted to that incident, I jst lost the key for one of the vowels, so I'll have to elimate it) and my lower back was sore. Alex attributed the pain to back spasms so I just took some ibuprofen and went to bed. I rested on sunday so I wouldn't be in pain on Monday. Well......if I hit the u key hard enough, it works....Anyways, at 430 am on wednesday I woke up with severe chills. And I mean severe. The kind that go straight through you and make you shake and won't go away. That after a few hours lent its way to severe heat and a fever of 102. Thinking it was the flu I stayed in bed with the boys far away. Apparently the new flu this season isn't being caught by the vaccine shots because it's a different strand. Anyways, the dr's office was understaffed and overbooked and ER visits aren't high on our list, we did manage to wait to see the dr till about 5pm. Meanwhile, I'm shaking, can't walk well, feel totally nauseated and in the worst pain. My childbirthing wasn't this bad. This dr thought the flu but couldn't do the test, so he sent us 20 minutes north the urgent care place. I was the last one there so they were very nice and pleasant. It was determined that after 1 bag of IV fluid and high white blood count and negative flu test.... I had a kidney infection. So, they gave me an antibiotic and off I went. Meanwhile, Alex had both boys in the waiting room and it was close to 9 pm. Both did amazingly well. Did you know that to test for the flu, they stick a qtip up your nose really far??? Yea...it doesn't feel so good.

Anyways, 3 days I was in bed, 2 days I was sort of up but mostly down and day 6 and 7 were better. I'm still tired and recovering, but that was the worst. So, what did I do to get that? I don't know, but I know am on the lookout for bladder infections and UTI's. So that back pain was my kidneys but who wouldn't known??? Anyways, Alex did great with the boys and I was lucky to have him home to take care of them.

No comments: