Friday, February 1, 2008

First Injuries


Well, I must say that I've always been impressed with our lack of injuries. James doesn't have an eccentric side for adventure, so we never had too many scratches or bumps. Ryan on the other hand, prefers to throw himself at

things and doesn't let much stand in his way. At 7 months he is moving around pretty fast on his hands and knees and attempts to climp up and over everything. The other day I had some diaper boxes on the floor and James was pushing them around. While Ryan was chasing James, he decided to stand up while holding onto the boxes and start walking around. Well, me in my not so good wisdom, took James into the other room for a minute and then I heard a bump and cry. I go in the kitchen to find Ryan laying on his back crying. When I picked him up I realized he had a bloody mark with the markings of a blue bruise. Amazingly, this has turned into a little scap, thank goodness. But this in addition to the 3" bruise on his thigh that I gave him while pulling him out of the highchair is a little heart-wrenching for this mom. But he's fine. Just crawling around trying to eat electrical cords.