Saturday, January 19, 2008

Ryan, Ryan, Ryan



Well, I finally had the time and energy to work with Ryan on his sleeping schedule. I was going to make him stay up longer during the day, between naps, so he would eat more and sleep longer at night. But of course, the night before my plan began, he decided to sleep through the whole night and mess up my schedule. Then he got the runs and then he threw up. So now, between forcing him to drink some pedialyte and some formula our schedule is all messed up. He is fairly pleasant despite all the poops but wants to be held a lot. This is hard, especially when we just made James start using a big boy bed. 10 spankings later, I think he's still in bed and asleep. Any tips on helping your children stay and sleep in their first big boy bed? All this while the 3 cleaning ladies were cleaning. They did an excellent job, by the way. This is the 3rd set of cleaning people I've tried within the past year. And the best so far.


Anyways, Ryan is now crawling, even though he doesn't feel good. He'll crawl over to me and put his head down in my lap because he's so tired. It's one of those endearing moments where you wish they felt better, but you like the affection. He tried putting his head in James' lap once, but James didn't like that. So, here's a photo from today of Ryan trying to climb up into my lap. I also put a short video of him crawling on my facebook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe I already mentioned to you....our first attempt at getting a kid used to his own bed: we put his mattress into a oen-man tent. Zip up the tent and you have a fun and friendly restraint for your boy. It makes the "discipline" of it a bit more enjoyable. Keep up the frustrating work, though! Sometimes it seems that it is to no effect, but it will pay off.

Anonymous said...

that should be "one-man"...