Monday, January 28, 2008

Quiet House means Trouble


Just another example of what a quiet house usually means. James is not a mischievous child, however, he does manage to do some things that a curious 2 year old might do. He spent most of this morning being super fussy, not sure why. He got a good nights sleep and had a good breakfast, but he was still fussy. I did make the mistake of buying him a $1 recorder which he now runs around with chasing the animals and blowing in it. He thinks it's quite amusing. Anyways, while I was using the restroom, he slams the door shut and disappears. After a few minutes, I realize it's awfully quiet in the house. So, I walk out and the back door to the screen porch is open and the door to the backyard is also open. I continue walking to see my barefoot child walking around in the yard. Needless to say, I was concerned for cold feet since it's in the 50's, but also for the mounds of dog poo spread across the yard. He also let the cat out and she's an indoor cat. She has yet to start crying to come back in. Anyways, this is just a reminder than no matter how much it hurts to have your kids yell all the time, at least you know where they are and what they're doing. It's when they're quiet that there's concern...No picture of my boys to accompany this, just one of me and our friend's new little baby boy, Brooks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your story reminded me of my worst case of household quiet. It involved my two little guys getting into spice jars and emptying them entirely onto couches and carpet. Wouldn't have been too bad, except it was in Okinawa in the summer and the humidity immediately adhered spices onto everything. At least it was cinnamon and curry powder, not anything obnoxious :)

Tiff said...

Fun story. I want to post more comments, but the way things have been going around here, all my posts might have a bitter side to them.