Thursday, January 20, 2011

One Proud Mama

So, I attended James' first real parent/teacher conference.  It was just routine and a way to connect with the teacher. We love his teacher, Mrs. Trotter.  She speaks fluent Spanish and there is a large population of spanish speaking kids in the class, so we're hoping for some bilingual understanding.  Anyways, I went in to the meeting expecting to hear things like "We like James. He's sweet and smart and his speech has really improved". All of which, is true. 

Now I get to brag.  Mrs. T said he is the highest intellectually out of all the kids and she had some stories to prove it.  For example, she gave all the kids a plastic baggy with an ice cube in it.  They were then told to take the ice cube to where they thought it would melt the fastest.  All the kids took theirs outside, but James put his near the space heater.  Unfortunately for James, it was the warmest day all season and the ones outside melted first. 

I tried not to be the parent to just gush all over my kids, but I did contribute a few stories of how James wanted us to make an ice castle at home, or how many envelopes of cut of paper he brings home and how he asks us 3x a day if he has school tomorrow. 

There were a few more stories, but I don't want to be one of 'those' moms, so I just want you to know that I AM a proud mama. I was so proud that I wanted to reward James for working so hard at school. So, I got him a little gift yesterday.  That won't happen all the time.  We'll probably reward with milkshakes or something

No comments: