Thursday, May 27, 2010

Boarding School or the Military?

There was a time in my life when I thought I would be a great parent.  Then, I had James and thought, "Huh, this isn't so bad".  Then there were more.  Not that my 2nd child is a bad kid, I don't believe kids are bad, just need some help and boundaries.  However, my 2nd child always leaves me scratching my head and praying "Lord, please work through my inability to communicate to this child of mine". 

I've had to make a goal every day to keep things in perspective.  What's a big deal worth getting upset over and what's not.  Coming downstairs in the early morning and eating a cold cheese dog...not such a big deal.  Spreading Desitin over our couch....big deal.  For one, it's cloth.  Second, it's our only couch right now because our good couch is at our other house for the open house.  Does desiting come out and clean easily? No. 

2 comments:

genieboyd said...

try putting a towel over it as a disguise. out of sight out of mind.

Jaime Leigh said...

I have a middle child...who also leaves me praying Lord please give me more patiences on a daily basis...I can't say my life is boring thats for sure!!!....Good luck with the destine...My kid poked holes in my leather ottman at our home....LOL sigh maybe it's a 2nd child thing destoring sofas =)