Friday, March 13, 2009

Grandpa's Truck

This post is inspired by my sister's many stories of kids saying funny things. James is in speech therapy and doing well. I think he's gotten a bit lazy and doesn't want to try very hard. Ryan, on the other hand, will say whatever you want him to, especially if there's a treat involved. So, I'm sure James says funny things, but I just don't understand it all.

When we were visiting my parents in Texas last fall, my dad and myself and James were riding home from Cooper's BBQ and James kept inquiring as to where Ryan was. My dad has a truck with a flat-bed, but I'm not sure the make. It has the bench seat up front and a bench seat right behind. Not much room, but enough to squeeze some more people in. So, I asked where Ryan was going to sit and James pointed to the spot right next to him. Then he said Daddy could sit back there too. Then we asked where Grandma would sit and he said "in the back, with the dogs". Anyways, it made me smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So we'll be replacing "in the dog house" with "in the dog truck" -- ha.

Tiff said...

Yea, and don't forget to add "with the dogs"