Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Self Discipline

Well, parenting and disciplining a 2 year old can get very challening. It's impressive how much they understand. We've been working with James on obeying us after we give some directions. So, he was walking up stairs to get Alex, I suppose, and I kept telling him to come down. He started shaking his head "no", but finally came down. We told him he'd get a spanking for not obeying. So, once he got downstairs, he gave himself a spank on the bottom. Not wanting to encourage him but also surprised, we ended up not spanking him himself. I guess we figured that the realization of the wrong doing and self action was sufficient this time. Let's hope he doesn't make a habit of that. Also, It's been rumored from my that I have never received enough spanking, but how much is enough??? It's also been rumored that our fathered believed in the self-discipline, which required us taking a wooden spoon upstairs into a bedroom and spanking ourselves. So maybe it runs in my family.

No comments: