Wednesday, March 12, 2008

The Ides of March

Sometimes when the water is calm, I have time to think and sometimes complain. So, sometimes it's better when there is something going on to keep my attention busy. Well, we got more than we expected the past few weeks. As you know, I got a kidney infection a few weeks ago that kept me in the bed and house for 5 days. Day 6 was better but I was still trying to get my energy up. Just in time for my son, Ryan, to come down with a nasty cold. Fever, congestion, runny nose. Nothing medical that required antibiotics, just a cold. Oh, and then fever rash after that. So after many calls to the pediatrician, I was fairly comfortable that Ryan would have to ride it out. This is all new to me because James was never sick, not a cold, nothing. I figured Ryan's cold would get passed around, but I was just expecting colds. About a week after Ryan's cold started, Alex started getting sick. This is the 3rd time he's had this cold which consists of coughing, headaches, body aches and congestion. Remedy, stay in bed for a day or two. Right around then, James got a heavy congestion thing that didn't seem to bother him, but it bothered me. So, at night, James' cough got bad and one night he threw up, the next he had a fever but that seemed to be it. He's had a loss of appetite so popsicles have become a staple around here. Then I started feeling a little poor, like a cold was coming on. Nothing to worry about since everyone in my house has had a cold. Well, I went to the Dr on Sunday to be told I have Strep throat. Great. That's what I said to the Dr. So, I'm still on penicillin, 3x a day for 10 days. James still has a cough and won't take naps. Ryan is getting the runny nose and low grade fever again. Alex is better but still coughing. Me, I'm exhausted but happy to have my first cup of coffee after a few days of not. So, how many times will this get passed around? To also add to the fun, my mother-n-law, Betsy, just got the flu. She helped us out with watching Ryan a few times, so hopefully Ryan doesn't get the flu and then start this again.

Do I have your sympathy yet??? Just kidding. I'm just happy to be out of bed, sort of.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy to know there is improvement. Maybe Spring will arrive and burn all the germs away. Sunnier days are definitely ahead

youthguy72 said...

Poor Klunk... Seriously...

It's hard enough getting sick, without kids or a sick husband to require getting out of bed. Hope you get the help you need...

On a positive note, this could have something to do with you're looming 30th birthday! Better renew the warranty.

Anonymous said...

It's like Scott said -- just a prelude to turning 30! Hope you feel even a little better after writing it all out (usually helps me). Thankfully, penicillin and chocolate aren't mutually exclusive.
Jay