Wednesday, November 14, 2012

James - Almost 7

So this "little" guy is almost 7.  In 8 days to be exact.  Yes, that's like almost double digits.  Although it doesn't make me feel as old as saying I worked at Starbucks in the late 90s. THAT makes me feel old.

It's the gift giving season and I get to take some time to focus on each of my children. James has significantly progressed in his speech, although he is very uninspired to do his spelling, reading, language homework. When he has the freedom to make up his own stories, or posters then he's very enthusiastic.  His teacher this year is not the warm & fuzzy kind so Alex and I are having a few more conferences.

Anyways, James is still into legos. He is a mastermind of building and his mind is geared towards putting things together. So this year we're advancing to the next stage of legos, the boxes that are $40-$60.  He still loves to draw, make up games, do crafts and boss his brother and sister around.  He now rides his bike with no training wheels, although he won't use a bike that is bigger and better suited for his height. 

Like his dad, he prefers khakis and polos.  He's very sensitive to textures so I don't shop without him. 

We have a Wii and he plays it sometimes when there's free time.  He likes to play Donkey Kong and Super Mario Brothers. 

And yes, it cracks him up to make silly faces for the camera.  He is definately growing up by leaps and bounds and I just want to squish him in a box to make it stop.

Love my Little Man

No comments: