Saturday, August 4, 2012

Used Grounds

So, reading the last post I did  IN FEBRUARY makes me giggle.  Have I stuck with making clothes for me and Olivia? Um...No.  I've made her a few things, but that yoga skirt and other dresses I tried to make for myself failed miserably.  However, I did learn something...sometimes it's better to just wait for sales and let someone else make it.  This body isn't as forgiving as it was before children.  

But I did start running today.  Only 2 miles in the gym, but it's a start.  I might start training for a 1/2 marathon in December so I thought I should get started. 

Here's what's new with me: Inspired by a friend, I now make my own facial scrub. And let me brag about it, it's very cost effective, smells good and makes my skin look and feel incredible!  Wanna know the secret????  Coffee Grounds.  Yup!  This might not work for you if you don't like coffee or don't like the smell of it, but I do, on both counts.  So I make my pot of coffee in my French press. Enjoy the cups of coffee and then strain the water out, or you could keep a container for leftover coffee in the fridge for cold coffee. I keep the grinds in a tupperware in the fridge and then I mix some with coconut oil.  Olive oil would work too.  This by itself would work great.  I, however, add some of my essential oils to it to get some cleansing action. I add a drop of lavender (for soothing) and some thieves (for anti-bacterial).  After I wash it off, I follow up with my soap which gets the oil residue off.  But this works great as a body scrub too.  Just make sure that the coffee is ground coarse so you don't tear up your pores. 

I hope this little trick finds you the same greatness that it does me.  :)

2 comments:

thetalbotts said...

Are you telling me you have had a blog all this time, and I am JUST finding out about it? :)

Tiff said...

Shelley, I rarely write in here anymore. The posts I think about writing are a lot more interesting in my head. Writing is not my strong suit but I should try to get back into it. Do you have one?