Tuesday, October 25, 2011

This might be my favorite time to blog

When I get to talk about my children. I always said I would never be that mom who could only talk about her kids.  But when I start thinking of funny things, of hard things with children, I just can't close the flood gates.

As has become tradition for my sister and now myself, we write Christmas posts for each child. 

I'll start with my first: James Alexander Holdgate

 Going on 7 years of marriage, we have seen alot of ups and many many downs.  However, these children are a major part of the ups, and I guess downs, too.  However, I am continually amazed with watching my children grown. I couldn't find a picture of our little butterball turkey so here are 2 pictures that show a bit of who this blessing is. 

Is is not uncommon to find James, like this picture shows, hands deep in a project. This happens to be a lego set he purchased when he decided he wanted to make some money to buy a toy.  So, we gave him a few extra chores and paid him for it. 

James is super smart and his mind is a sponge.  He absorbs all the information at school and we are only privvy to a portion of that.  Every now and then we'll have a conversation with him and realize just how much his little brain is working. 
He loves school.  Did I say that already, well, He LOVES school!! He loves to do his homework, he loves to draw and make his own paper books with his drawings.  He loves to build.  He loves to explain things to a point where we have to ask him to stop talking and give someone else a chance. 

He is growing out of size 5 and wears size 11 shoes.  He prefers his crocs but will wear tennis shoes when needed.  He, like his dad, would be happy if all I ever bought him were polos and khakis.  Yup. 

He hates tight clothing and tight shoes.  He does not like to wear clothes around the house, but we are working on it.  He does not prefer fruit but has discovered he does like cantalope.  He eats a peanut butter sandwich for lunch, EVERY DAY.  He loves to eat cereal in the morning with his dad. 

So, what would be a good gift for James? Any sort of new project or tool; any sort of new coloring supply, puzzles, legos and cool t-shirts. 

No comments: