Friday, August 6, 2010

It's Officially Walking Time

There's something super cute about a child's first few trips around the house on their 2 pudgy feet.  And knowing that Olivia is our last one, it's bittersweet.  It's great because now her knees won't get so dirty but sad because she's really growing up.  Walking seems to be the first time when a child realizes "This is great! I have power and I cando what I want!"

And she does.  Olivia is well rounded and usually only yells when someone steals her toys or doesn't share their lollipop or treat.  Lately, I've been putting her in shoes which did not go over well.  But we got to protect her feet, so she'll have to deal.  I got her those sqeaky shoes so hopefully those will make it more fun.

As for clothes...she does not like footed pj's anymore.  She prefers to wear her brother's shirts to bed.  She also does NOT like dresses with straps that fall off her shoulder.  All of this mumbling to say that I am enjoying this little girl and trying desperately to make sure she doesn't woo us into getting what she wants.

No comments: